Tuesday, June 22, 2010

From Past to Present

I was speaking to my roommate, who is a advertising major, the other day and we were talking about blogging and such... Its really interesting how far we've come in the last couple of years. Every sort of communication is now technological. I think im one of the few people that still sends letters. There's just something about being able to sit down and write to someone and know that its going to take a little more then a second to get something back. I like having to wait for that response, it somewhat more exciting. Back to technology though, she was telling me that now a days its better to actually put your blog on your resume. I know we've talked, some what, about that in here, its just so interesting to me that employers now look you up to see if your the type of person they want working in their business, one picture could make you or break you!

10 comments:

Asidney said...

i ALWAYS send letters/cards!! in the mail...not the "aol mailbox" the us postal service mailbox!! hahaha It makes my mom so happy to get a hand written card from me!

Roselie said...

I love getting letters and card! It makes me feel so special

LEB said...

I like hand-written letters too. I think emails and such have made them more exciting when you check your mail.

Kyndel said...

I think if I ever got a hand written letter it would be so cool! because I hate going to mail box all that is ever in there is bills and junk mail.

Andy said...

I have terrible handwriting, so I send typed letters to my mom. She doesn't seem to mind.
I wouldn't mind a handwriten one, but email just "feels" more convenient.

Stef said...

If only people would send a written letter back instead of sending me an email telling me they got my letter in the mail! That wasn't the point of me sending the letter snail mail to begin with!

Jessica Wolloscheck said...

Not only writting letters...but speaking to someone face to face is a forgotton virtue. Our social skills are going to go down the drain.

An Okie Sample said...

i like writing letters too! When I finished my internship this spring I made hand-written thank you notes for my employers. It just shows them that you can tak ethe time to thank them fully. Plus I wanted some good references! :)

An Airman's Princess said...

heck yes, there is so many things that we need now a days as far as tools go, we have to know somuch in order to make it in this world! ah crazy!! if its not one thing its another!

A Glass of Brandi said...

When you talk about still liking the thought of writing letters it reminds me a Dear John :) I love that! But I agree everything is changing and most likely when I graduate I probably will put my blog on my resuem.